Life At An Ashram In India (Paperback)
A Journey To Discover The Self
“This experience and knowledge that I have received, is very inspiring. If only everyone can experience this, it shall be his or her privilege. On the other hand, it may not.
So many of us would rather chase the cash. Pursue the dream. Alas! We desire to desire. We want and we will continue wanting. My learning outcome of the Upanishads (Ancient Hindu Spiritual Philosophies) and the Bhagavad Gita (Hindu Holy Book), in the end, tell me just one thing – to be desireless, as the only way towards everlasting peace, joy, and harmony.
It was explained to me that we were born with a centrifugal outlook to life. We were born looking outwards and elsewhere – we have gone off the centre of ourselves. We believe that our joy and happiness lie in the hands of others. We are seeking happiness away from ourselves. No one told us otherwise. Man is called “a deluded and ignorant race” because of this. When true joy, the real ‘truth’, lies only within us.
Our God, our Soul, our Joy, are nowhere else, but in us. Resting silently in the core of our beings, at the cradle of our hearts, guiding our consciousness.”
– Joy Nandy
1. LIFE AT AN ASHRAM IN INDIA
2. IN SEARCH OF A BOOK NOT WRITTEN BY A MORTAL
3. WHAT LED ME TO AN ASHRAM
4. AT THE FOUR-DAY DISCOURSE
5. THE APPLICATION PROCESS
6. APPLICATION QUESTIONNAIRE
7. THE SELECTION PROCESS
8. WHAT HAPPENS AT THE INTERVIEW
9. PREPARING FOR ASHRAM LIFE
10. ATTIRE, FOOTWARE, BOOKS & INTERNET ACCESS
11. NO NEED TO SHAVE YOUR HEAD AND GIVE UP EVERYTHING YOU OWN
12. HOW TO CHOOSE AN ASHRAM
13. THE WESTERN IDEA OF AN ASHRAM
14. CHOOSING OUR PATH OF YOGA
15. HOW MUCH?
16. OCTOBER CAME NO SOONER
17. PICTURESQUE INDIA
18. ARRIVAL AT THE ASHRAM
19. OUR DAILY SCHEDULE
20. THE SYLLABUS
21. PEACE INVOCATION CHANT BEFORE EACH CLASS
22. TEACHING OBJECTIVE ‘IMBIBE THE KNOWLEDGE’
23. WHAT WE STUDIED
24. ANALYSIS OF THE BOOKS STUDIED
25. DOING THINGS WITH JOY IN YOUR HEART FOR ENLIGHTENED LIVING
26. BE THE SUBTLE SELF
27. A BETTER LIFE THROUGH ‘DISCRIMINATION’ (PREYAS AND SHREYAS)
28. DESIRE AND ATTACHMENT, THE CAUSES OF MAN’S SORROWS
29. LIVING WITH JOY IN OUR HEARTS
30. LIKE WHAT YOU DISLIKE, DISLIKE WHAT YOU LIKE
31. PRACTICE THE KNOWLEDGE
32. A STORY ON RENUNCIATION
33. HOW WAS THE ACCOMMODATION?
34. WHAT ABOUT THE FOOD?
35. MAY I HAVE ANOTHER BISCUIT PLEASE?
36. THANK YOU FOR THIS MEAL
37. MEALS OFFERED TO GURUS FIRST
38. HOW TO WASH PLATES AND CUPS
39. SERVING THE SERVANTS
41. MILK & TURMERIC
42. CONFESSION TIME
43. HINDU HIERARCHY OF DEVOTION
44. PROSTRATING AT THE GURU’S FEET
45. GURU’S FEET FLOWER BATH
46. SUNDAY OUTINGS
47. THUGS AT THE DAM
48. A DRUNK AT THE GATES
49. DIVALI AT THE ASHRAM
50. SOULFUL FAREWELLS
51. DIVINE FOOD FOR OUR JOURNEY
52. TRAIN JOURNEY TO DELHI
53. DELHI STATION
54. THE UNCONVENTIONAL HUG
55. A CHAT WITH THE MAHAGURU
56. DELHI TENURE
57. HOW I LEARNED TRUE DEVOTION
58. AKSHARDAM DELHI
59. IN THE KALIYUG FAMILIES WILL KILL EACH OTHER FOR MONEY
60. A TALKING FISH
61. SUDDENLY, A DEATH
62. NO NEED TO CRY AT DEATH, WE ARE NOT THE ‘BODY’
63. A HUGE YAGNA PLANNED IN KERALA
64. GURU GETS VIP TREATMENT AT AIRPORT
65. KERALA AIRPORT
66. DON’T LIVE WITH BROKEN THINGS
67. CHANTING THE LORD’S NAMES IN KERALA CITY
68. ANCIENT SHIVA TEMPLE
69. A COZY TEMPLE ON THE HILL
70. WONDERFUL SOULS TO MEET
71. ASHRAM PROVIDES FREE LESSONS TO VILLAGE KIDS
72. DONATE BY ALL MEANS
73. THE DECISION TO REMAIN A VEGETARIAN AFTER ASHRAM
74. ASHRAM JOURNALS:
75. A SUNNY WINTER’S DAY IN DELHI
76. SHE DOES NOT SPEAK ANY ENGLISH
77. BLACK MAGIC
78. WHY IS THE HINDU THE LOSER IN SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE [ARTICLE]
79. T’HIS WAY TO JOY [SELECTED ARTICLE BY ASHRAM)
80. ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR SPIRITUAL STUDY?
– TAKE A TEST
About the author
Joy Nandy spent several months in India visiting Jnana Ashrams (Knowledge Ashrams) in pursuit of the knowledge found in the great and ancient Hindu Scriptures, such as, the Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads. The Knowledge for man to live a happy and abundant life, or the “Compass For Life”.
His journey to the ashrams commenced when he started to question if there is, in fact, “another” world. A world different from the one we know, and a world free from greed and violence. He also started to search for a book, or any literature, that did not originate from the mind of a human being, or “not written by a mortal” (so to speak), and found them both in one beautiful life-changing event at the ashrams.
This great knowledge for mankind can only be found at Knowledge Ashrams, or Jnana Ashrams, but only a few access it. Hence, Joy Nandy has made his mission to reveal the Gems From The Ashrams through his publications for EVERYONE to relish and gain.
Get your copy Today and experience a virtual journey of words to your joy…
* FREE Delivery in Malaysia only. For the rest of the world, shipping fees apply.
Artha – God Wants Us To Be Rich by Joy Nandy (Paperback)Rated 5.00 out of 5RM29.00 Add to cart
Why Are We Here (Ebook)Rated 5.00 out of 5RM7.00 Add to cart
Artha – God Wants Us To Be Rich by Joy Nandy (Ebook)Rated 5.00 out of 5
RM19.00Add to cart
Why Are We Here (Paperback)RM12.00 Add to cart